How do you go about turning a two page template into 1? It's pretty easy!
(This tutorial is written based on a TPI template. It will work for other templates, but the layer names will be different)
1. Open the double page template in Photoshop.
2. Open a new blank file:
File > New > Blank File
[when the Blank File box comes up - Set to 12 inches by 12 inches(or 8 inches by 8 inches), 300 DPI, RGB Color, and Transparent background.]
3. Click back on your double page template.
4. Click on the Background layer in your Layers Palate.
5. While holding shift, Click on the "Delete This Layer" Layer in your Layer's Palate. (You should see all of the layers in your palate highlighted.
6. Select your Move Tool.
7. Make sure you can see your Blank File in your Photo Bin.
8. With all the layers selected, click and hold your left mouse button on the double page template. Drag down and let go over the Blank File in your Photo Bin.
Your template should appear in layers in the blank file. It will probably be centered in the new file, so with all the layers still selected, move the template to the desired position. If you are making an 8x8 LO, you will also have to grab the move boxes and resize the template.
9. Scrap to your heart's content!
If you have any questions regarding this post, please leave them in the comments!